Popular Help Content
If you have admin access on your CommCareHQ project space, you can transfer/re-assign cases that are registered on one Mobile Workers case list to another Mobile Worker through the Data tab available at the top of CommCare HQ.
- Click the "Data" option tab from the ribbon menu at the top of CommCareHQ CommCare HQ and select "View All".
- Click on "Reassign Cases" option on the left pane.
- Select the case that you would like to re-assign to another mobile worker. To find the case(s), you may edit the filter options and search by case owner, case type, etc.
- Tick the checkbox of the case you would like to re-assign.
- An options menu will open above the filtered cases where you can choose to re-assign to a particular user or a group. Select the Mobile Worker to whom you would like to re-assign the select case.
- Click re-assign.
You will see the following messages when a case has been successfully reassigned (a blue updated tag in the owner column, and an orange Out of range of filter message for date Last Modified):
- A Mobile Worker has been replaced or removed from the project and the new Mobile Worker requires the existing case list.
- A case has migrated from one catchment area to another and therefore needs to be monitored by another Mobile Worker in your project.
- Multiple users are sharing case lists in a group (i.e. if you have case-sharing enabled for your project).
- You have re-organized usernames and would like to protect case lists.
- A worker has accidentally registered cases under another Mobile Worker's log-in, or has registered cases in demo mode (note that you cannot easily distinguish among owners of demo cases, so carefully check that you are transferring the correct demo case)