If you have admin access on your CommCareHQ domain, you can transfer/re-assign cases that are registered on one Mobile Workers case list to another Mobile Worker through the Manage Data tab.
- Click on Manage Data on the top header of CommCareHQ.
- Select the case that you would like to re-assign to another mobile worker. To find the case, you may open other filter options and search by Mobile Worker or Group. Filtering by date will display any case that was modified within the time range you have specified.
- Tick the checkbox of the case you would like to re-assign.
- An options menu will open above the filtered case list where you can choose to re-assign to a particular user or a group. Select the Mobile Worker to whom you'd like to re-assign the select case.
- Click re-assign.
- A Mobile Worker has been replaced or removed from the project and the new Mobile Worker requires the existing case list.
- A case has migrated from one catchment area to another and therefore needs to be monitored by another Mobile Worker in your project.
- Multiple users are sharing case lists in a group (i.e. if you have case-sharing enabled for your project).
- You have re-organized usernames and would like to protect case lists.
- A worker has accidentally registered cases under another Mobile Worker's log-in, or has registered cases in demo mode (note that you cannot easily distinguish among owners of demo cases, so carefully check that you are transferring the correct demo case)
The below points describe the consequences to consider before transfering cases. To explain this with an example. Lets assume that we had mobile user "Lalita" who has 5 cases and you wish to transfer them to mobile user "Sheela".Also lets assume there are 3 forms to be filled out for each of the cases and "Lalita" has filled out 2 for each. If you follow the above mentioned steps then the data (5 cases and 2 forms each) from Lalita will be transferred to Sheela
1) The data (5 cases and 2 filled out forms) will successfully reflect in "sheela's" mobile phone. But, When you do a forms export, the data (5 cases and 2 forms each) will still reflect under the username "Lalita" as she is still the owner of those forms. After the transfer of cases to Sheela, lets assume she fills out(updates the case) form number 3 for each of the cases. Now, in the forms export the data(only form 3) will reflect under the username "Sheela". The old submissions will still remain under the username "Lalita"
IMPORTANT NOTE:When you move cases to a new user, you are ONLY moving the "case"– not the individual form submissions. It is strongly recommended that you NOT delete any "old" users if you want to be able to do any sort of data analysis. Individual form submissions will always remain linked to the user that submitted them–even if that user is no longer active. If you want to hide an old user's data you can "archive" the worker under the "settings & users" section of CommCareHQ.
2) But when you do a full case export, the data( 5 cases and 3 forms) will all show under the username "Sheela"