When using CommCareHQ we recommend using either Chrome or Firefox browsers. Internet Explorer version 10 and above is also supported by CommCareHQ, but some of the suggestions noted below only work with Chrome or Firefox.
Older versions of Internet Explorer are not supported; CommCareHQ will be very difficult to navigate using older versions of Internet Explorer.
You can download the recommended browsers for free at the links below:
- Purpose: To find text that is anywhere on the page
- Key: Ctrl + F (Command + F on Macs)
- On CommCareHQ: use the "find" function to find a specific message, case property, or time stamp on a page. This will only search the text that is on the screen; it will not find material that has not loaded and it will not search text that is imbedded in an image.
- Other info: Press the esc key to leave the Find function.
Open multiple tabs or windows
- Purpose: View multiple parts of CommCare quickly without having to reload each one in sequence.
- To open a new window use Ctrl + N (Command + N on Macs)
- To open a new tab use Ctrl + T (Command + T on Macs)
- You can also open a link in a new window or tab by right clicking on it and choosing the appropriate option
- On CommCareHQ: This is very useful when you want to compare multiple reports or edit several forms at once
- Chrome: Ctrl + Shift + N (Command + Shift + N for Macs)
- Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + P (Command + Shift + P for Macs)
On CommCareHQ: You can log into two CommCare account simultaneously using an incognito/privacy window. This is very useful if you want to simulate what CommCareHQ will look like for a mobile user. You can remain logged into CommCareHQ as web user and then open an incognito/private window in which you log in as a mobile user. The sessions will be remain separate.