When using CommCareHQ we recommend using either Chrome or Firefox browsers. Internet Explorer/Edge is not well-supported by CommCareHQ and may be difficult to use.
You can download the recommended browsers for free at the links below:
- Purpose: To find text that is anywhere on the page
- Key: Ctrl + F (Command + F on Macs)
- On CommCareHQ: use the "find" function to find a specific message, case property, or time stamp on a page. This will only search the text that is on the screen; it will not find material that has not loaded and it will not search text that is imbedded in an image.
- Other info: Press the esc key to leave the Find function.
Open multiple tabs or windows
- Purpose: View multiple parts of CommCare quickly without having to reload each one in sequence.
- To open a new window use Ctrl + N (Command + N on Macs)
- To open a new tab use Ctrl + T (Command + T on Macs)
- You can also open a link in a new window or tab by right clicking on it and choosing the appropriate option
- On CommCareHQ: This is very useful when you want to compare multiple reports or edit several forms at once
Purpose: Allows you to open a new browser window that does not remember any of your active log-ins or history. In Chrome this is called Incognito Mode and in Firefox it is called Private Browsing.
- Chrome: Ctrl + Shift + N (Command + Shift + N for Macs)
- Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + P (Command + Shift + P for Macs)
On CommCareHQ: You can log into two CommCare account simultaneously using an incognito/privacy window. This is very useful if you want to simulate what CommCareHQ will look like for a mobile user. You can remain logged into CommCareHQ as web user and then open an incognito/private window in which you log in as a mobile user. The sessions will be remain separate.